1. Quit procrastinating on your goals
1. 戒掉拖延執行目標的壞毛病
Some people dream of success while others wake up and work hard at it.
有人夢想著成功 有人是醒著努力不懈。
Action and change are often resisted when they’re needed most.
當我們最需要行動和改變時,往往人性都處於抵制的狀態。
Get a hold of yourself and have discipline.
打起精神並保持紀律。
The secret to getting ahead is simply getting started.
領先的秘密簡單來說就是不要遲疑並馬上開始。
Starting, all by itself, is usually sufficient to build enough momentum to keep the ball rolling.
事情一旦只要開始運作,通常就擁有足夠的動力持續發展下去。
So forget about the finish line and just concentrate on taking your first step.
不要想著終點,專注在你的第一步。
2. Quit blaming others and making excuses.
2. 戒掉責怪他人與找藉口的壞習慣
Stop blaming others for what you have or don’t have, or for what you feel or don’t feel.
停止為了自己是否擁有或自我感受而怨天尤人。
Blaming is just another sorry excuse, and making excuses is the first step towards failure; you and only you are responsible for your life choices and decisions.
怪罪他人就是另外一種藉口,藉口則是邁向失敗的第一步,只有你自己該為你自己的人生抉擇負責。
3. Quit trying to avoid change.
3. 戒掉不自覺逃避改變的壞習慣
Learning to accept this is vital to our happiness and general success.
學習接受這件事對我們的幸福與成功非常重要。
Because only when we change, do we grow, and begin to see a world we never knew was possible.
因為只有當我們改變,我們才成長,並開始看到所有可能性。
4. Quit trying to control the uncontrollable.
4. 戒掉總是想控制無法控制的東西
If you try to control everything,
如果你試圖控制一切,
and then worry about the things you can’t control,
和擔心你無法控制的事情,
you are setting yourself up for a lifetime of frustration and misery.
你正把自己推向人生的挫折和苦難之中。
The best thing you can do is to let go of what you can’t control,
最好的做法是放開你無法控制的事物,
and invest your energy in the things you can – like your attitude.
並專注在你可以控制的事物上 – 例如你的態度。
5. Quit talking down to yourself.
5. 戒掉自我消極和悲觀
Nothing will bring you down quicker than berating yourself.
打擊自己最快的方法是自責。
As Henry Ford once stated, “Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t, you’re right.”
正如亨利·福特曾經說過,“無論你認為你可以,或者你認為你不能,你兩者都對。”
One of the major causes of why we fail is due to self-doubt and negative self-talk.
我們失敗的主要原因之一就是由於自我懷疑和負面思想。
Listen to your self-talk and replace negative thoughts with positive ones, over time you will change the trajectory of your life.
用積極正面的思想取代負面消極的想法,隨著時間,你將會改變自己的人生。
6. Quit criticizing others.
6. 戒掉批評他人的壞習慣
Stop worrying about the flaws you see in everyone else, and focus on yourself.
不要只針對他人的缺失,改變自己的。
Let the constant growth and improvement in your own life keep you so busy that you have no time left to criticize others.
讓持續不間斷的成長和改善自己的生活讓你忙碌到沒有時間去批評別人。
7. Quit running from your problems and fears.
7. 戒掉逃避問題與恐懼的壞習慣
Fears, in particularly, stop you from taking chances and making decisions.
恐懼,是特別會阻止你邁向機會和做出決定。
They keep you confined to just the small space where you feel completely comfortable.
恐懼讓你可以舒適的躲在狹隘並侷限的空間。
But your life’s story is simply the culmination of many small,
但是你的人生高峰必須經由許多微小但是獨特的經驗堆疊而起,
unique experiences,
獨特的經驗,
many of which require you to stretch your comfort zone.
其中許多需要你延伸自己的舒適區。
Letting your fears and worries control you is not ‘living,’ it’s merely existing.
讓憂慮和恐懼控制你而並不是’生活’,那僅僅只是存在。
8. Quit living in another time and place.
8. 戒掉活在另外一個時間與地點的壞習慣 (戒掉說”下一次”)
Some people spend their entire lives trying to live in another time and place.
有些人浪費他們的整個人生,試圖生活在另一個時間和地點。
However, the past is gone,
然而,過去的已經一去不復返了,
and the future doesn’t exist.
而沒有造就未來。
No matter how much time we spend thinking and lamenting about either,
無論我們花多少時間思考和感嘆,
it doesn’t change anything.
它不會改變任何東西。
We need to live more in the moment.
我們需要活在當下。
Living in the moment requires active, open, intentional awareness on the present.
活在當下,需要活躍的,開放的,積極的把握現在。
Don’t fantasize about being on vacation while at work,
不要在工作時幻想自己是在度假,
and don’t worry about the work piling up on your desk when you’re on vacation.
當你在度假時, 不要擔心你的辦公桌上的工作正在累積中。 Live for now.
為當下活著,
Notice the beauty unfolding around you.
注意到身邊周遭的美麗事物。
9. Quit trying to be someone you’re not.
9. 戒掉想成為某人的壞習慣
Someone will always be prettier,
總是有人會更漂亮,
someone will always be smarter, someone will always be younger,
總會有人更聰明,總有人比人更年輕,
but they will never be you.
但他們永遠不會是你。
Don’t change so people will like you.
不要為了讓別人喜歡你而改變自己。
Be yourself and the right people will love you,
做你自己,自然會有人欣賞你,
and you’ll love yourself more too.
而你也一定會更愛你自己。
10. Quit being ungrateful.
10. 戒掉不懂的知足戒掉不感恩的壞習慣
No matter how good or bad you have it,
不管你擁有的是好是壞,
wake up each day thankful for your life.
每一天都感謝你擁有的生活醒來感謝你的生活每一天。
Someone somewhere else is desperately fighting for theirs.
有人拼了命地為他們戰鬥。
Instead of thinking about what you’re missing,
與其想著你還有什麼沒得到與其想著你錯過了什麼,
try thinking about what you have that everyone else is missing.
不如嘗試想著你有什麼是別人沒有的
Source URL:
http://www.marcandangel.com/2012/04/16/10-habits-you-must-quit-to-be-happy/